Top 10 Reasons to be Thankful
It’s THAT time of year again. How did this happen? When did advertisers get the nod that it’s OK to begin broadcasting Christmas commercials and ads BEFORE Halloween? Who OK’d this? There ought to be a law. Maybe I’ll write something up and put it up for vote in the next election.
As an advertising executive, I can totally understand and justify the need to get the word out to the market as soon as possible, but as a consumer I am horrified to be reminded that I’m probably already too late with my Christmas shopping. Good grief!
AND, furthermore, when did my kids grow up? This simply must STOP NOW! Oh well, like Christmas coming too soon, such is the way of the world. Things change, people change—growth happens. I guess I better get used to it.
But, first things first…..Thanksgiving season is here and I would like to take a moment to think about and to share with you that which I am thankful for. Here’s my Top 10.
- Family: Thank you for the love, understanding, fun, support, fights, make-ups, and in general thank you for being. Life would not BE without YOU.
- Friends: My friends are my extended family. Ditto #1.
- Clients: I thank those of you who have entrusted us with your business and offered your friendship. We enjoy our work and enjoy working with good people. You’re the best.
- Colleagues: We keep good company. All of you are AWESOME and it’s a pleasure to work with you. I look forward to an incredibly successful year ahead for us all. Let’s go have fun!
- Dog: Rain is our black lab. We rescued her from a shelter about 5 years ago. I’m sure that she is thankful that she gets to spend all day with us in the office, but I am equally thankful for her welcoming and gentle spirit as well as her very soft ears. She’s absolutely the BEST dog that ever lived and she brings me joy every day.
- Home: I have a lovely home filled with the ones that I love. What else is there?
- California weather: OK, this may be shallow, but I grew up in Wisconsin—this is better. I do miss thunderstorms and the occasional tornado, but I’m weird that way.
- The ocean: I can get in my car and be at the ocean in 20 minutes. It makes me happy, period.
- Health: No major complaints, but I DO need to find a good Yoga studio.
- Creativity: It’s how I can do what I do for myself, for others, and in general makes life worth living.
What are you thankful for? Please share your thoughts.